Sunday 28 September 2014

Actor In The Spotlight: HEKKA HEDET

"...I'm every inch a woman...there would be advances anywhere I find myself...directors and producers are human with flesh and blood..."-Hekka
Obviously one of the most talented budding stars in Nollywood. The Akwa Ibom born Banker turned actor is a massive talent that will definitely go places given her determination and skills. With such curves that would make a gay brother reconsider, Hekka never let's those invaluable assets gets into her head with her morals being her guiding principle. Enjoy my chat with her.
ABOUT ME.
HEKKA: My name is Hekka Hedet. I am from Akwa ibom state, uruan local government. I hold a P.G D in international relations and strategic studies LASU, I am an actress. I am your girl next door. A jolly good fellow with a very high moral standard

THE JOURNEY SO FAR.
HEKKA: I have been in the business of make believe since 2011. I would say that it hasn't been easy at all, leaving my Bank job to chase my passion, I taught it would b a smooth sail, but like every new n uncertain grounds, It's hasn't been easy, but gradually things r looking up.

FAMILY REACTION FOR LEAVING BANKING TO NOLLYWOOD.
HEKKA: I wouldn't say I got their entire support. But they trusted me to be matured enough to take decisions and face the consequences of such if need be.

MOTIVATION INTO ACTING.
HEKKA: It was a passion that has always been lurking somewhere in my heart, but the actual motive that made me take the leap into the career was the fact that I got tired of people stopping me to ask if I was an actress, even when I hadn't done a single movie. I got tired of always having people tell me, that I look like someone they had seen on the TV. So I said to myself, why not give this a shoot

ACHIEVEMENT AS AN ACTOR.
HEKKA: As an upcoming actress, the achievement cannot really be measured. It's simply enough to enjoy what you r doing and also knowing that you r doing it for the right reasons . And also bearing in mind that as long as you work hard, the grass on the other side will b greener

JOBS I HAVE DONE.
HEKKA: "My Lovely Princess" by Andy best. "The Oracle of Money, "Devil in A Dress" directed by Pascal Amanfo "Temple of Serpent, Agony of An Orphan" by Chike guide "Occultic Brothers" "ZAM the Truck Pusher" "Village Babes" by Uche Nancy "Port Harcout Babe" etc.
MOST CHALLENGING ROLE.
HEKKA: The most challenging role that I have taken up in my career would be in the movie "Fate of Destiny" by diamond movies. It's about to hit the market, please kindly watch out for it. The role was such that tasked the very essence of my emotions, I had to witness 3 generation fizzle out of existence as a result of contacting the deadly HIV. It was filled with so much pain and extreme emotion.

SEXUAL HARASSMENT IN NOLLYWOOD.
HEKKA: I am a realist, I don't live in a fools paradise, I am every inch a woman and it's given that there would be advances anywhere I find my self. It happens in the Bank, At the mall, at the gym, you name it, anywhere. Directors and producers are human being with flesh and blood . Now the question is not how often but rather how do one handle such? Because its bound to happen. The key thing is, at no point do they point a gun at anyone, it's always a situation that you can make a choice, now your choice will be as a function of your level of desperation. I have a high moral standard, I just wait for the kind of job that won't rob me off my morals.
NOLLYWOOD "SELLING FACES" AND TALENTED UP-COMING ACTORS.
HEKKA: Every producer out there is a business person, they make investment and expect returns on their investment, it's OK to give the market the people that can guarantee returns on their investment, but while doing that, they should take cognizance of the fact that noting last forever, the only constant thing in life is change..They should also create rooms to showcase upcoming artist while making effort to guarantee returns on their investment.

STRATEGY TO BECOME A "SELLING FACE"
HEKKA: I will keep working, keep improving on my acts and learning from those that are already where I want to be. And trust God for favor, cause the truth is that the race isn't to the swift.

ROLE MODELS.
HEKKA: Quite a number.. I fancy and admire Omotola Jolade, Ini Edo, Nse Etim. Mercy Johnson. Chika Ike to mention but a few. These women have all made a mark in their career.

HEKKA IN THE NEXT FIVE YEARS.
HEKKA: I hope to have become a house hold name. With positive results and achievement tied to my name off course.

STYLE, TO ME.
HEKKA: Style is comfortable, effortless, convenient and stunning with all simplicity.

HOW I UNWIND.
HEKKA: I am indoor person. I love to read, cook n watch movies.

FAVORITE MUSICIAN.
HEKKA: Awww! that's tough. Aaron Nevile and Flavour.

WORDS FOR FANS.
HEKKA: Thanks for letting me a place in your hearts. Keep the love and support alive.

JOHN ATTAH: Hekka, I wish you all the best.
HEKKA: Thanks johnBlaze, do have a fabulous week.

You can contact Hekka via:
Email: eky24@yahoo.com
Facebook: Hekka Hedet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

BLOG ARCHIVE