Saturday 19 October 2019

Artist In The Spotlight; SARRO

"Omor, babes full my DM, some dey trace me come show when I'm billed to perform somewhere.." - Sarro
Real name, Isaac Iruene. Sarro is a fast rising Afro-pop artiste born and raised in Port Harcourt, Rivers state. The amiable musical act who is obviously the next big thing from the South-South Nigeria takes us on a tour into his life and career.
Enjoy the excerpt.


What drew you to the music industry?
I'll credit that to my friend Mr Gold. While we were in the University he was part of a rap group in PH called 'Phat wallets', he noticed noticed I could freestyle to their beats, sing their songs from start to finish, then one day he asked me to accompany him to the studio and before I knew it we recorded a track together..the rest as they say is history.

Who are you inspired by?
Personally I'd like to describe myself as a music collector.. I listen to just about anyone and any sound I can lay my hands on.. Some on my biggest influences are Tuface Idibia, Brymo, Naeto C, ice prince, etc

If you could change anything about the industry, what would it be?
The lack of originality and content in the industry today is alarming.. If I had my way I'd change that.

How you interact with and respond to fans?
I'm a regular guy, when fans notice, call out or walk up to me I usually spend a few minutes with them, trying to get to know them and most importantly thank them for supporting me and urge them to keep doing so.

What is your favorite part about this line of work?
Performing.

Tell us about your first experience on stage performing.
That would be at University of calabar a few years back.. A friend of mine who was schooling there at the time had his SUG invite me.. I just dropped my second single then (my matter) and it was doing well.. Surprisingly I was the headliner, the crowd loved the song.. Most importantly I did so well on stage that night, no one would have believed me if I told them that was my first time..Lol.
How do you cope with female admirers?
Omor, babes full my DM, some dey trace me come show when I'm billed to perform somewhere.. Lol... I'm used to it tho but it's pertinent to note that focus and discipline are very important if you're to make it in the industry.

Describe your love life by a movie title.
Love life? Which love life? Next question biko.. Lol.
What’s an average day like for you?
See if I wasn't an entertainer I seriously doubt if you'll see me on social media.. I'm the private type..the Netflix and chill type of guy..when I'm not out hustling I love to stay indoors, sleep, wake, chop better food, watch TV (especially football), I read books occasionally too.

What advice would you have for someone wanting to follow in your footsteps?
Music is expensive, while you work on mastering your craft make sure you have a side hustle to fund your music till you're signed or your music starts paying you.

What are you currently working on?
I recently dropped a new song (Halle), I'm currently promoting that.. Will drop another song hopefully by October then fully prepare for my first concert scheduled for December.
Download HALLE


Any word for your fans?
Thanks for supporting me and be rest assured I'll do my best not to disappoint you. You can connect with me via my social media handles;


Instagram > @iam_Sarro
Twitter > @iam_sarroo
Facebook > Isaac Sarro Iruene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

BLOG ARCHIVE