Friday 2 May 2014

Beauty Queen/Actor in The Spotlight: Anita Ochima.

"...You can do it without sleeping with anyone..."-Anita.
Talent and good looks is prevalent in the entertainment industry but it is rare to find artists who can boast of the right attitude and discipline required to soar in the massively competitive industry. Anita Ochima is one talented and conspicuously beautiful model/actress that oozes the attitude that most artists lack. Despite the constraints along her path, she has made an appreciable progress in her career. From emerging as the Top model in the Benue fashion week which is the biggest fashion event in the entire northern Nigeria, she has featured in several movies and she is currently the Face of Indoma carnival which is the largest carnival in the north except the Abuja carnival. After several futile attempts at having a chat with her, the beauty queen finally granted me audience despite her busy schedule and she talked on a lot of things that you would definitely want to find out. Enjoy.

Can we meet you?
ANITA: I am Ochima Anita Ochanya, an undergraduate of Nassarawa state university keffi, studying theatre and cultural studies. I hail from Benue state. I’m an actress, model, singer and business lady. In one word I’m an entertainer.

You are still in school. How do you manage all of these?
ANITA: I am a Theatre student so it doesn't affect my profession and my profession doesn't affect my studies because I make sure I prioritize in certain situation to navigate through the difficult times so as not to jeopardize either of them and I also have a great team working with me.

How long have you been an entertainer and how is the experience so far?
ANITA: I have been into entertainment though not fully for the past nine years. The experience? The experience! (Laughs) Well I will say it's not been easy at all. The challenges are much especially as a lady. Sometimes you meet people that you think would be of great help to your career but they go sexual. It’s crazy. I have experienced situations were some demand carnal knowledge before working with you but in all, I still give thanks to God almighty for the modest success and life because there's hope with life.

Damn! Do some persons demand for sex before working with you?
ANITA: It’s crazy. We have a lot of bad eggs around. Most times the sponsors of pageant pressurize you over sex, people you respect a lot and least expect such from.

That's crazy, can you recall any particular situation where you experienced that and how did you handle it?
ANITA: I remember a popular beauty contest which I wouldn't want to name here, where one of the contestant and I was asked to go sleep with one of the sponsor of the pageant to win the grand prize. I was surprise and mad but played calm, I told the promoter I haven't done that before and will never do it. I won the best female model during the Benue fashion week and was the 1st runner-up in the Nigeria Models Award 2010 without sleeping with anyone. I told him that and he said I should keep it up and never deviate from it. I quietly walk away whenever I encounter such.
As an actor and model, what have you done or achieved so far?
ANITA: I have done a number of fashion shows and movies. I'm currently the Face of Idoma Carnival.

I have also featured in movies e.g. The models" "Desperate models, Pool Divers, Body massage, His Royal majesty, Zam the Barrow Pusher. I can't really recall much now. Some would soon be out.

Sometimes last year, I read in the papers that you were producing a movie. How about it?
ANITA: Yea! I produced the movie "Brothers" which we are still discussing on how to fully market it to a much larger audience though its available in some section of the country. It was really a stressful but remarkable experience as I sponsored and produced it myself.

As a queen and face of Idoma carnival what are you planning or doing to help your community?
ANITA: I am doing a pet project I tagged: "Awareness, prevention and eradication of cholera" which was unveiled on the 20th April. The purpose is creating massive awareness on preventing the spread of Cholera. I will be embarking on building public toilets in markets and schools in the Idoma land and providing drugs to patients. I really need the support of corporate organizations and individuals who love the well being of our people.

After graduation, what are your plans as regards your career?
ANITA: Wow! I will be going full throttle in entertainment. I have been working on my musical album, I intend dropping it after graduation because I would have more time to promote it. I also plan to plunge fully in acting and other stuff that can't be voiced now. (Laughs)

People that inspire Anita any day?
ANITA: Genevieve Nnaji and Yvonne Nelson.
That male actor you would go the extra mile in a romantic scene with?
ANITA: Majid Michel.

Why did you choose him?
ANITA: Because he is just what acting is all about. He's a born actor and he is very versatile in his act. I love actors that interpret their role perfectly as they help your acting skills while playing along them. I think Majid has great personality too.

No doubt, you are a bunch of beauty with glowing and unadulterated skin, who is that lucky man occupying your heart?
ANITA: (laughs) Thanks for the compliment but my Lips are sealed on that! Don't want to talk about it pleasssse!
In relationship, which do you prefer? Love or Trust?
ANITA: If my man trusts me, love will definitely follow. So, I prefer trust in relationship.

What do you look for in your dream man?
ANITA: hmmm! Physically, he should be presentable. He should be humble, honest, trust worthy, outspoken and can speak for me anywhere. Above all he should have the fear of God.

OMG! You just described me. If I pop the question now would you say YES or scream "Thank God?
(General laughter)
ANITA: Will see to that appropriately.

What is style to you?
ANITA: I'm not particularly keen on labels or names, so far as I'm comfortable in an outfit and it befits the occasion I'm attending I'm okay with it. My style is simple but classy.
What would you not be caught wearing?
ANITA: I will never be caught in free or loose outfits. I love fitted any day except on exceptional occasion that I'm expected to wear otherwise.

Your favorite color?
ANITA: Pink

Rap or R&B?
ANITA: Both

Your favorite artist in both?
ANITA: Drake and Phyno for rap. Brandy and Beyoncé in rnb.

Your turnoff in people?
ANITA: Lies and pride. Simple minded people attract me any day.
As we end this, what have you got to say to ladies especially models who would want to contest for pageant and upcoming actors like you?
ANITA: To models and upcoming actors I want to say, believe in yourself if you are sure of what's inside of you. You can do it without sleeping with anyone. It's not going to be easy but you just have to struggle and persevere. At the right time you would excel despite all the hurdles that you may encounter. Keep your heads up and protect your dignity. We will meet at the top.


Anita thanks for your time. Been fun chatting you. I earnestly wish you all the best. Keep up the effort, you are a star.
ANITA: Thank you.

You can contact Anita through her management: edvizavimedia@gmail.com
Follow her on:
Twitter: @Annylishaduke
Instagram: Annylisha

5 comments:

  1. So so beautiful. Keep it up dear. Protect your dignity. The sky is ur limit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seen one ofur movie. Talent that can stil improve. Congrat for winning witout compromisin. Our girls nid to leran from ladies lyk you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm! That glossy skin. Good you Didn't bleach like others. Always be real. Goodluck dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weldone anita. Makn idomaland n womanhood proud. *kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are indeed an epitome of beauty. Keep it up, God is your strength. From Treasure

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

BLOG ARCHIVE