Sunday 30 November 2014

Actor In The Spotlight: CELINA IDEH.

"...I have stood on the cue under intense sun for hours just to audition..."-CELINA
With jollof beauty and warmth that can be felt where ever she is, an impeccable diction and melodious voice that could keep you glued to the radio; this Calabar-born actress is destined for greatness in the make-believe world. Armed with a degree in software Engineering, one would wonder why such a technical head decided to tow the core-arts world but the good news is, Celina knows what she is capable of, what she wants and she is sure on the path to stardom in no distant time considering her talent, looks, diction and attitude which I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to any filmmaker. Enjoy my chat with her.

ABOUT ME.
I was born and raised in beautiful Calabar, where I had so many childhood adventures and laughed every day.I am right in the middle of my family with brothers and sisters older and younger than me. My mum is a strong woman, who worked so hard to raise us well. She has inspired me throughout my life and I draw my own strength from her example. I went to school in Lagos, studied hard and obtained a degree in software engineering. I have had so much fun in Lagos, but I have also had my fair share of struggles along the way.

A DEGREE IN SOFTWARE ENGINEERING. WHY NOLLYWOOD?
I always wanted to be an actor, but I also knew that I needed something to fall back on in case acting didn't work out for me. That's why I studied software engineering. As God has directed, my acting career is going well and I give all glory to GOD.

HOW I STARTED.
I started while studying at school in Lagos. I decided that as my studies were coming to an end, it was time for me to start attending auditions and exploring the world of Nollywood for myself. I attended so many auditions. I have stood on the cue under intense sun for hours just to audition and I've had my set-backs along the way, but I persevered and pushed on through the difficult times and am now being rewarded with some amazing roles. 2014 was an incredible year for me. I have starred in numerous movies and my acting career is really gathering momentum.

GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT SO FAR.
In terms of acting, I loved starring in "How to marry a diva" with Ike Ogbonna and "5th Night" with Bryan Okwara. They are two of the nicest guys one could ever hope to meet and they are both very humble and complete gentlemen.
JOBS I HAVE DONE.
Living with the alfreds, Rejected Stone, Bloomsberry hotel, TRAPPED, to name a few; but I really enjoyed working with Wale Adenuga production. They are an amazing production house.
ROLES I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY.
I love to play strong women. I mean, not just physically strong, but also mentally strong. My latest character is a female SARS officer in a short film, TRAPPED, directed by John Attah. She is beautiful and feminine, but so strong.
SELLING POINT.
I think that everyone is quite unique in one way or another. My voice makes me stand out from the crowd and I give GOD all the praise.
EMBARRASSING MOMENT ON SET.
It was when I had my very first on set kiss!

ACTOR I WISH TO WORK WITH.
Nollywood legend Pete Edochie and Yvonne Nelson. They are both multi-talented and I aspire to be like them.

CELINA IDEH IN THE NEXT FIVE YEARS.

I hope that when more and more people see what I can do on-screen, they will love what they see and support me. GOD has the final say and I believe he will see me through.
CRUSH ON AN ACTOR.
I have a girl crush on Yvonne Nelson, she's an amazing actor and an individual. I love her.

THE ANTI-GAY LAW.
Being gay or not being gay isn't a choice that people make. It's a natural, biological, genetic condition that people are born with and it is my view that there should not be a law against being gay. Let us all live together in peace.

TURN OFF.
Negativity is a turn-off. I like to be around Positive people. I believe that if we stay positive and we think positively, then positive things will happen to us.

WORDS TO ACTORS AND FANS.
Stay positive and work towards your goals in life. Believe in yourself and know that you can make it because all things are possible with GOD.

Contact Celina via:

Email: jamesy275@hotmail.com
Facebook: Celina Ideh.



3 comments:

  1. Talented! I agree! Beautiful! I agree! Melodious voice! I agree! Impeccable diction! I couldn't agree more! I agree because I have seen! One of a kind. Out of this world. SHE IS GOOD! Keep it up koko. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only one way - ... Leading to Stardom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome. A beautiful career is waiting for you carry on with your smile

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

BLOG ARCHIVE