Wednesday 9 September 2015

BEAST OF A MAN- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

It was barely 15 minutes past 6 AM. Raptly, I kept starring at my laptop thinking how best to craft the Final Conflict to this script that i must submit on Friday which also happens to be my birthday, simultaneously; my thought riveted to the class i'm billed to have later in the day with my screenwriting students on the topic: Conflict in Storytelling".

In that deep imaginative web, "help..." her scream echoes from the next flat, jolting me back to reality. Was she being slaughtered or....? My thoughts flashed countless stuff, then I heard her teary voice again "somebody help!" Martha was being tortured again by her beast of a husband.

Just in my briefs, I start out towards my door which was almost open, as I reached to open it; a figure bursts in, knocking me down. The beautiful and virtues wife, Martha crying like a little girl on the floor, as I make to reach for her, a hand grabbed me from the back pulling and I turned to face the beast of a husband, Martins; a young man who enjoys every chance to abuse this poor woman almost on weekly basis.

"Its okay, Martins" I pleaded. He came furiously at me but I'm determined not to use any force on him. He hit me on the forehead with an object as I restrained him, he kept struggling and shouting. "This woman, I will kill you today, nothing will stop me" I shoved him out not minding the pains on my back and forehead.

I turned to see the helpless woman on the floor, half naked and sobbing weakly.
He threatened to kill her, but this woman right here has died several times in the hands of this beast of a man.

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.
Domestic violence is a menace that is still raging in many homes despite the campaigns against it. Most times the victims endure in silence, reason being that they want to preserve their marriage/relationships or are scared of how the society would look at them if they opt out- which is a very wrong mentality hence they must save their lives first, from these silent killers-abusive husbands/boyfriends before even considering public opinion.

These abuses that occur in marriages most times starts rearing during the courtship period but the ladies often disregard it thinking its "nothing" or he would change with time. Wrong, it would aggravate. Personally, no lady should remain in a relationship if her man ever raised a finger against her. It gets worse when you marry him. It is only a coward or a mentally deranged man that would raise his finger against a woman and I bet you ladies don't want to end up with a coward or a mad man.

In as much as marriages/relationships ought to be preserved, a partner/lady must not remain in such an abusive relationship as it may lead to a permanent injuries or fatal end.

NB
And the early morning conflict inspired me to finish my script and helped me prepare for the class. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

BLOG ARCHIVE